Joint Ownership of a "Pod" Unit"
From: info (infoecoconnections.ca)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:47:48 -0800 (PST)
Hello Cohousers,

This is my first posting to a list serve ever.  Hope I'm doing it right! We own
4.37 acres in Nanaimo, BC and are at the stage of finalizing architectural
drawings for 25 attached units with a central common house of about 3500 square
feet.

We are trying to design a pod unit that would house 3 single people with joint
ownership of the unit. There would be a common living room, dining room,
kitchen, with private bedrooms and bathrooms. We have interested people who
can't afford or don't want a unit to themselves.

Has any other cohousing community built one of these? What were the design
challenges and what were the ownership challlenges?

What happens when someone wants to sell? Are shared units very marketable? Is
it worth the extra planning to design one of these?

Thanks for your time and input,

Susana Michaelis
Pacific Gardens Cohousing Community
250-754-3060