Experience at using an outside broker for a cohousing unit sale?
From: David Heimann (heimannworld.std.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:55:12 -0800 (PST)
Hello Everyone,

        I have had mentioned to me that as a rule cohousing units have
(other than through personal friends or family) been sold internally
through the cohousing community, i.e., either via a waiting list, via a
local network of cohousers, or through regional or national organizations
(such as this list).  Apparently few cohousing units get sold through the
conventional real estate system via a broker, ostensibly because a
conventional broker deals with clients who are simply looking for real
estate rather than a community, and so cannot provide good cohousing
buyers.

        I'm doing my due diligence; what's been your experience in sales
of units in your community?  Have you successfully seen conventional
brokers sell cohousing units or are they indeed not very effective in
doing so?

        Thanks for your information and insights!

Regards,
David Heimann
JP Cohousing