RE: "Christian Cohousing, " spiritual cohousing in general
From: Robert Heinich (robert_heinichjuno.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:45:42 -0800 (PST)
Just to amplify what Robin wrote, here at Eno Commons we will not hold our 2005
meetings on these dates:
   o major religious (Western Christian/Jewish) holidays
     + 2005Mar28 Easter
     + 2005Apr23 Passover (Pesach)
     + 2005Oct03 Rosh Hashanah
     + 2005Oct13 Yom Kippur
     + 2005Dec25 Christmas weekend
     + 2005Dec26 Hanukkah

I am positive that if a new neighbor moves in who follows a different faith, we
would adjust our calendar for them.

-Robert Heinich
 (who is coffee chair at ERUUF, our local Unitarian fellowship)
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC

-- Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:
Alexander Robin A <alexande.robi [at] uwlax.edu> is the author of the message
below.
after deleting a long quoted message.

I certainly hope it is not true that he was "bombarded with messages saying
Christians and Christian values are not welcome in cohousing." While I am
agnostic, I subscribe to many of the values (compassion, mercy, etc.) that
are part of Christianity and we have Christians in our community. I admit I
find it hard to believe many such messages were sent.

Robin Alexander
Eno Commons Cohousing