HOA delivering services to a subset of members
From: normangauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:21:25 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone know of any precedents in which an HOA has been engaged to
deliver services to a subset of a cohousing community?  In such a case, it
appears to me that the HOA is engaging in a non-profit business or acting as
an agent for only a portion of the community.  In my opinion, its legal
obligations, liabilities, accounting and billing expenses, balance sheet,
and profit and loss statement should be kept separate from that of the
community's portion of the HOA.  Is there a potential for conflict of
interest?  Is the HOA obligated to distribute financial statements on the
business side of the operations that are separate from the community
financial statements?

Does anybody have any perspective on this?

Norm Gauss
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, CA