RE: HOA acting as distributor
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:17:12 -0800 (PST)
At Sharingwood we have a number of "clubs" which are defined as
non-community financially supported activities. Some of these clubs formed
in order to provide services such as a community LAN without having to deal
with large group bureaucracy, the club makes the decisions how it wants to
be. We have had a hot tub club, a truck owners coop, a beer making club,
etc. Sometimes, like the lan, the funds are collected as part of the monthly
condo fees, with only club members being billed and a separate line item in
the budget being maintained in the account. Since we are entirely self
audited, we can do stuff like this.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
Snohomish County, WA