Re: how public is my commonhouse?
From: Randy Sailer (randy.saileroit.umass.edu)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:29:35 -0800 (PST)
Sharon had a great and detailed answer.

I would also encourage folks with common space/common houses to also permit/encourage/support other cohousing groups in formation.

Rocky Hill Cohousing (Northampton, MA now under construction), has had the great good fortune to have the support of two existing cohousing groups, Pathways (also Northampton) and Pioneer Valley Cohousing (Amherst, MA). They have both allowed us to use their common houses for meetings and an occasional potluck dinner. (We have also used churches, a local Audubon facility, a nature center and a community center).

Especially as the group got larger, finding meeting locations (especially those that could support a space for childcare) became harder and harder. The common houses of Pathways and Pioneer Valley have always been terrific spaces for us to meet in.

Randy Sailer
Rocky Hill Cohousing (under construction!!)
Northampton MA