Re: Grants
From: Perry_rg (peregryn2356yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:36:02 -0800 (PST)
~!93!~

Catya,

I ran across this information last week that might be interest to you.  The
Enterprise Foundation, in partnership with the National Resource Defense
Council, has started a Green Communities Initiative.  This is in addition to
their existing initiatives, such as the one for afforable housing and the one
for community development leadership.  Here is the link to get more information:

http://www.enterprisefoundation.org/majorinitiatives/green/index.asp

They do provide grants in support of their initiatives, so you might want to
check out their requirements to apply.

Light, Life, Love, Liberty, and Laughter!

Perry Godwin
Lansing Cohousing
Lansing, Michigan

~!93!*!93/93!~

Catya Belfer-Shevett <catya [at] homeport.org> wrote:
Hi all,

As we yet again cross our fingers about land, and with apologies because
i've asked this before...

I'm looking for information on Grants for affordable and/or green building,
particularly ones that cohousing groups have received before or have reason
to think that we might :)

Thanks!

- catya
____
Catya Belfer-Shevett ____\ / Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com \ / \/ Cohousing in MA?
www.catya.org \/ www.mosaic-commons.org

* Be Aware! * Be Alert! * Learn! * Grow! * Take Action! *

nothing"   Edmund Burke, British statesman and philosopher (1729-1797)

"In Germany they came first for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I
didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me--and by that
time no one was left to speak up."  Martin Niemöller (1892-1984)

  • Grants, (continued)
    • Grants Amy Cervantes, August 25 2002
    • Re: Grants DWeil20688, August 26 2002
    • Grants Catya Belfer-Shevett, January 3 2005
      • Re: Grants James Kacki, January 3 2005
      • Re: Grants Perry_rg, January 3 2005
    • Re: Grants DGSCCoho, January 4 2005
    • Grants Catya Belfer-Shevett, April 21 2005