Re: Grants
From: DGSCCoho (DGSCCohoaol.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:57:24 -0800 (PST)
Catya -

Here at Stone Curves cohousing in Tucson, AZ, we've applied for and received
a $10,000 "Urban/Community Forestry Challenge Grant".  The grant will allow us
to conduct a series of educational workshops regarding tree care and
maintenance on our site (these will be for both community members and for the
general
public); to create a substantial in-house resource library of books, videos
and other materials; to create informational signage regarding tree
species/permaculture concepts/landscape design for placement around our
site;and to send
several of our members to additional training workshops on
trees/permaculture/native landscaping, etc.

This is obviously an Arizona only grant program, but there might be similar
programs where you are. The "Tree City USA" programs might be a good place to
start.

Dan Kruse
Stone Curves

  • Re: Grants, (continued)
    • Re: Grants DWeil20688, August 26 2002
    • Grants Catya Belfer-Shevett, January 3 2005
    • Re: Grants DGSCCoho, January 4 2005
    • Grants Catya Belfer-Shevett, April 21 2005