About that Cohousing In Eugene!!
From: LorenSchein (LorenScheincs.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:29:22 -0800 (PST)
Dear Communitarian Friends,

Happy new year! We are Miaya Sustaita and Loren Schein and we are sending you
this letter to let you know that, after a couple of years of preparation, we
are now ready to start gathering together a group of community-oriented folks
who want to live in a cohousing village in Eugene.

Currently, we own a wonderful piece of property bordered by the bike path on
the Willamette River on the east and River Road on the west. As currently
configured, there are two houses and a barn on the land and lots and lots of
gardening space. Nearby is the park that runs along the river. A bike- and
foot-bridge across the river to Valley River Center is just five minutes away.
Downtown is a ten-minute ride by bicycle.

Our understanding is that Eugene will allow 20 or more homes to be built on
the 2.89 acres, which is ideal. We envision a cohousing neighborhood of between
20 and 30 small-to-medium sized privately-owned cottage-style homes with
shared land and common facilities where we could together create a close-knit
community of all ages and enjoy a simpler, friendlier lifestyle. Although the
group that finally puts together the plan would be the designer of the
community,
our vision is of small-footprint homes, built green as much as possible and
priced affordably: middle to lower income, depending on the availability of
grants and low-interest loans to make this happen.

We are planning a get-together on Sunday, January 23 at 2:00pm with those of
you who are interested in this exciting adventure. Please contact us by e-mail
or telephone to RSVP.

Please forward this letter to your friends.

Sincerely,

Loren Schein & Miaya Sustaita
LorenSchein [at] cs.com Miaya [at] aol.com
(541) 349-8749