Eastern Village Cohousing Opening
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:38:32 -0800 (PST)
Hello all --

Eastern Village Cohousing, in Silver Spring, MD, celebrated its opening last
Thursday. Thought you might be interested in seeing a news clip about the
event.  About 125+ people attended (about 15 of them from my community
Takoma Village along w/ a member of Blueberry Hill and Shadow Lake Village
both located in VA.)  Lots of media.  Very splashy.  Very fun!  Only three
units out of 56 remain.  Under county guidelines seven of the 56 are
affordable units.

http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=36064

About 68 adults are now living in the community.  They're already having
regular potluck dinners together even tho' their kitchen isn't finished and
they don¹t have any tables or chairs!  (Everyone brings their own seats. I'm
not sure what they do about tables!) Jessie, who subscribes to this list,
has been the prime mover about having dinners begin immediately and about
them happening w/ great regularity.  They're taking off on their own now.

Welcome Eastern Village to the family of completed cohousing communities.
It was a short two years!

Ann Zabaldo
Washington DC