Re: ithaca eco-villiage car-share
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:11:38 -0800 (PST)
On 2/26/05 10:53 AM, Daniel Dunbar <ddunbar1 [at] ithaca.edu> wrote:

>hello everyone,
>
>my name is daniel dunbar. i am a student at ithaca college, ny and i am
>currently working with my local eco-villiage to try to create a
>car-sharing program. there is much that needs to be done in order to make
>this idea a reality, and we are still searching for the tools that will
>make it possible.
>   If any of you on the list-serv are members of a car-share i am
>requesting that you please contact me with any helpful information. is
>your car-sharing program popular? if you have one in your community how
>is it financed? what kind of insurance does the car-share use? are
>there any methods you used to promote and educate other members of the
>community about the car-share to get them enthusiastic about joining???
>i thank you for any help or advice you can offer. i hope to hear from
>you!!
>
>-daniel dunbar

Daniel -

Have you searched the list archives for all the variants of "car" and
"share"? There have been quite a few messages on this topic in the past
few years; look for synonyms/similar phrases and search on those as well
for best results.

http://lists.cohousing.org/

If you're interested in getting published, and you create an effective
summary of current input and options and history of car-sharing in
cohousing, I bet Cohousing magazine would be interested in running it!

http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/

Raines
CityCarShare member and informal truck-sharer with neighbors

plus, we bought a cohousing neighbor's vehicle (saved it from the
junkyard), drove it to Burning Man roundtrip twice, had another
neighbor's daughter borrow it to drive x-country to haul stuff, then we
drove it back, visiting at least one community a day for a week.

P.S. Typo in the original subject line, I'm including the community name
and other phrases here so it'll show up in searches: Ithaca Eco-village,
Ithaca Ecovillage, Ithaca, NY, car sharing, car-sharing, car club, auto
club, carpooling, car share, car-share

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Secretary, Berkeley [CA] Cohousing
Where we approved our 2005 budget, better late than never

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Hosting a regional communities gathering April 10.

  Supporter, East Bay Cohousing <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Where a meeting with Rick Mockler, Coho/US president and WHDC developer
helped us figure out where our process got stuck last year.

  Boardmember, Coho/US <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Read the latest cohousing news in Cohousing magazine for free on the web,
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/