Re: Kitchen flooring
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:04:41 -0800 (PST)
I'd rather stand on a hard floor than on some toxic overlayment...
It's always possible to get some not too expensive mats or rugs, as noted below. As someone with chemical sensitivities, and with an ever-evolving awareness of the cost to the environment of the materials we use, I'd really advocate to keep away
from substances such as vinyl.
Our kitchen floor has ceramic tiles. It's a hard surface which presents the same advantages
and disadvantages that a concrete floor does.

Racheli,
Sonora Cohousing, Tucson.