Re: kitchen flooring
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:04:32 -0800 (PST)
At RoseWind we used a fairly costly flooring, with much success. Forbo
Industries "Marmoleum", ie real linoleum. It is comfortable underfoot,
cleans very well, doesn't show dirt, and should endure for decades. We
also put it in the kid room. Dark red in the kitchen, sunny yellow in kid
room. To the product cost, you need to add custom installation cost.

Incidentally, we also used a good Forbo product for our bulletin boards.
I'd seen a number of common houses with all sorts of quality stuff, and
very ratty bulletin boards! Their product is "self healing" for tack
holes, comes in lots of colors, looks nice, and is very long term.

Lynn Nadeau, RoseWind Cohousing
http://www.rosewind.org
http://www.ptguide.com
http://www.ptforpeace.info (very active peace movement here- see our