Bremerton, WA "Meadow Wood" Cohousing
From: CHRISTINE COE (CHRISTINECOE1MSN.COM)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:54:03 -0800 (PST)
Dear Cohousing List--

I'd like to take up the standing invitation to publish our desire for new
members to the listserv.  We have had the exact thing
happen that Sharon Villines describes; people who have moved to this area to be
part of us, who are out-of-towners
returning to a place of former residence.

Here's the "stuff" from our latest marketing brochure:

Bartimaeus Cohousing Community, L.L.C. presents:

 "MEADOW WOOD" --A UNIQUE CREEK-SIDE COMMUNITY

"Our mission is to create a safe residential neighborhood for people to
substantially grow into the whole,

healthy, unique persons God intended"

This distinctive neighborhood in Bremerton, Washington offers affordable,
quality living in a spectacular

waterfront and mountain setting, an hour away by ferry from the world-class
"Emerald City" of Seattle.

SOME FEATURES OF MEADOW WOOD

The community of Meadow Wood offers a "connected" living experience reminiscent
of a New England

village, nestled in a gently sloping pasture, bordered by a creek, surrounded
by tall trees and nature trails.

A prime piece of natural real estate, it is nevertheless ideally located for
"modern living" in the heart of

Central Kitsap County,

--on a major bus line; at 1172 N.E. Fairgrounds Rd., near Wheaton Way

--within walking distance of the Swim and Tennis Club, and several local
schools

--five minutes from East Bremerton shopping, or the Brownsville Marina

--eight minutes from Silverdale mall

--ten minutes from Olympic College

--15 minutes from the live venues of the Admiral Theater

--15 minutes from the Seattle ferry

The entire site is laid out to balance the desire for personal privacy within
the social context of a friendly,

intergenerational community, using the design principles of the cohousing
movement.

SOCIAL AND SPIRITUAL DISTINCTIVES OF MEADOW WOOD

We envision a community dedicated to bringing out the best in each other,
through active listening, mutual

respect, an appreciation of differences, and honest caring.

Community decisions are made by consensus. There is no single "leader," no
"pooled incomes," or other

required "communal" practices. This is a unique neighborhood, not a "commune"
or a "church."   For more

detailed information, see our website at
www.bartcommunity.org<http://www.bartcommunity.org/>.

While most Meadow Wood residents will share an active Christian faith
perspective, we also include those

who agree with the values of the primary mission, as outlined on the website.
Visitors who may not agree

with all these values are also welcomed in a spirit of hospitality.

We won't exist just "for ourselves," but will actively seek ways to make a
difference in the world, including

efforts to assist others who can benefit from the resources of a larger
community.

A guest house is set aside for people or a family in transition to stay in
assistive circumstances while seeking

life skills enhancement, as well as benefiting from living within a safe and
healthy community of people. They

will be considered carefully for suitability within the community by the
membership.

WE ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN CONSTRUCTION!

We have purchased 7 acres of beautiful property in Central Kitsap. With its
ideal location and protected

natural habitat the property has already experienced very strong appreciation
and should continue to do so.

In April of 2005, we will begin to build the 24 remaining one to four bedroom
clustered homes, along with a

community center, or "common house," in two phases.

Meadow Wood is not a standard developer-driven project --as a cohousing
project, the future residents are

also largely the developers. For equity members participating in Phase 1
"developer profits" will not be included

in the price of the homes -making this the best new home value option in
Central Kitsap today. This opportunity

will only be available until groundbreaking slated for April of 2005.

Meadow Wood is currently seeking additional Phase 1 equity members. Any
remaining units for Phase 2

construction will change to "market" valuations at the time of their
assignment, so now is the time to act!

CONSIDER YOUR PLACE IN MEADOW WOOD COMMUNITY!

For detailed home prices, floor plans for the one through four-bedroom models,
the site plan, or details of equity

membership, see our website at: www.bartcommunity.org

WHAT IS "COHOUSING?"

Cohousing began in earnest some thirty years ago overseas, as a of modern
neighbors got together to figure out

how to design the architecture of their community to better serve their needs,
including the preservation of

natural areas.  Today there are about 80 such communities in the United States,
with more than 300 overseas,

and many more in various stages of completion --a significant new trend
considered one of America's brightest

prospects for addressing a number of social and environmental housing issues.

Cohousing communities are comprised of fully functioning, "green-built"
individually-owned clustered homes with

a spacious central building, called a "common house," where daily social
activities and occasional mid-week

evening meals together can take place on a voluntary basis.

Cohousing brings the benefits of having community use of facilities such as
these in our project:

safe indoor / outdoor children's play areas

a common woodshop / auto shop areas

a lending library / meeting room

community gardens or small orchard

game room and solarium

Could this community-oriented neighborhood be what you've been

looking for? Call us today!

Barbara Buckham at 360.692.8064