Screenng potential new members
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:06:56 -0800 (PST)
 I have given hundreds of tours of my community. Early on during a tour I
typically ask questions like, Have you ever lived in a cooperative community
before?  And,  What is it about living in a cooperative community that you
find attractive?  I then base the rest of my tour on those answers. People
with no experience and no particular concept of what it means to live in a
cooperative context get a very different tour than those who do, but there
is some overlap obviously. The mistake I think many forming group make is
that they focus tours on real estate. My approach is that I sell community
living first, and if they are excited and interested in that, I then talk
about the real estate. I also try to be pretty honest about the downsides of
coopeative living so that helps people understand the bumps.

Rob Sandelin
Home sick today with too much time for email