Adult Supervision of Children in the Common House
From: Zeke Holland (zhollandblazenetme.net)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:56:58 -0800 (PST)
I am a member of a cohousing community in Maine.  Our Common House is currently
under construction and the projected completion date is in April/May of this
year.  We are in the process of setting up a framework/structure and expections
for the CH.  Since we have children ranging in age from under 1 to 16 year
olds, we are thinking about if and when do we want or need adult supervision of
children.  A big question is do we allow children in the CH unsupervised and if
yes, for what age groups and/or for what activities?  Are there rooms like the
living room and rec room that would require adult supervision and if yes, for
what ages and for what activities?  Do you have experience with this?
Suggestions?  Questions to ask ourselves?  A framework or context for thinking
about this?  What would you advise a community new to using their CH re
supervision?  Thanks.

Hallie Holland
Two Echo Cohousing
Brunswick, Maine