RE: Concerning Consensus and established CoHo communities
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:03:51 -0800 (PST)
Again, you have to define what you all want, make that clear, then screen
out those who don't want it. Eventually, if there are people who are not
interested, they will move out, hopefully to be replaced by those you can
support and desire. It will be trying for awhile to have people who are
antithetical to your goals. Also consensus might not work as a decision
making practice.   If the majority of who you live with have no interest in
being a community, then you might consider moving on to someplace where that
is the case. This happened at least once to a self entitled cohousing group
in Aspen, they eventually dropped the word cohousing from their name and
people who wanted a community moved away to places that were communities.

Rob