Senior Cohousing Book
From: McCamant & Durrett Architects - The CoHousing Company (cohocohousingco.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:35:01 -0800 (PST)
Dear Cohousers,

Chuck Durrett here.  As many of you already know, after years and years and
years (it seems like), I am in the final stages of finishing our book on
senior cohousing. I have a need for a few fill-in images in particular of
folks (above 50) sitting around in cohousing in the U.S. If you have any.

We started our research on senior cohousing/elder cohousing (which do you
prefer?) at the tale end of our 13 months of research in 1984/85.  The way
that the Danes implement senior cohousing is much more complicated than
intergenerational ­ so after a half a dozen trips back to Denmark we feel
that we finally have got it figured out. And while we have done a few slide
shows (mostly in Colorado) and are the design architects at Silver Sage in
Boulder, CO, for the most part we have avoided proceeding until we got this
book out ­ otherwise there would just be too much to talk about.  It is more
complicated, but phenomenally profound at the same time.

Looking forward to sharing it with you.

Chuck Durrett
McCamant & Durrett Architects
aka The CoHousing Company  - www.cohousingco.com
aka Spaces for Children  - www.spacesforchildren.com

1250 Addison Street, Suite 113, Berkeley, CA 94702
510-549-9980  ?  510-549-2140 fax

241-b Commercial Street, Nevada City, CA 95959
530-265-9980  ?  530-265-4398