SENIOR COHOUSING
From: Linda Gluck/Treehouse (treehousenetstep.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:54:25 -0800 (PST)
As a coho in formation, we can't wait to learn what discoveries, suggestions
will be revealed in the book. We plan to be multi-generational, but for the
seniors we have now, and the upcoming juniors, we are looking for innovative
design ideas for seniors beyond the accessibility/visitability idea, and how
a community setting can especially serve their needs. We have discussed a
"pod" bldg with several super-suites (bedroom, sitting room/office/studio +
private bath) connected to one big living area and kitchen, mudroom, laundry
room, screened porch etc, which might suit seniors. We've also discussed
small apts in the common house either for seniors, or for a caregiver who
serves all seniors who need some care so they can "age in place".

Linda

Linda Gluck
Co-General Manager
Ulster County Cohousing