Re:Cohousing Common Workshop Safety/Use Policies (Charles Maclean
From: Bobi Wilson (bobi.scottgte.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:39:40 -0800 (PST)
One community we visited (Windsong in Canada - I think) had the power in
their workshop wired in some fashion  - perhaps through a power main
accessible only by key(?) that prevented the power tools from working even
if someone forgot to lock the door.

I regret I  can't recall the details now years later but I thought it an
excellent idea to help keep children and unexperienced users safe.

If I remember correctly three  members - competent shop users - held the
keys and generally kept track of things.

Apologies for the sketchy memory.

Bobi
Yellow Plum Commons
Eastern Washington State