Car Sharing
From: Larry & Elise Hierman (hiermansbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:21:04 -0800 (PST)
I¹m a  member of a cohousing community which which is currently under
construction in Nevada City, CA. We¹ll move in in the late summer and fall
of this year. We are interested in information about sharing vehicles.  Have
any of the communities out there purchased vehicles as a group? Are there
small groups of people who are formally sharing vehicles?

We are specifically interested in:
* how vehicles are owned and insured.
* Has anyone formed an LLC or something to own vehicles? Would that be
appropriate?
* how do people pay for use?

We¹re not interested in information about the various companies (Flexcar &
Zipcar) as Nevada City does not have the population to support anything like
that.

Larry Hierman
lhierman (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
http://www.nccoho.org/