Plenty of space on Colorado tour, April 16
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:46:30 -0800 (PST)
Dear Friends,

I will be leading the first Colorado cohousing tour that's "open to the public" on April 16. And we want YOU to come along! In addition to leading close to a dozen Northern California tours over the last 5 years, I led the Colorado tours (over 50 participants from all over the country on each of two days) just in front of the Boulder (national) Cohousing Conference in 2003. We had a great time then and I anticipate this tour will be a lot of fun too.

Two couples signed up for the upcoming April 16 tour are coming from Wisconsin and New York respectively, and we welcome people from everywhere. But The Cohousing Association and Wonderland Hill Development Co.--co-sponsors of this tour--are especially hoping to interest more Coloradans in joining us for the tour.

Even if you are just beginning to consider cohousing for yourself, or even if the chances of your being able to join a cohousing group or buy into a completed community aren't really high for you right now, there's nothing like o tour of several cohousing communities with a group of like-minded others, to help clarify for yourself if cohousing is right for you or you and your family.

If you already live in a cohousing community in the area and would like to visit some of the others, this is a great way to do it. Also, your presence on the tour will be of great value to the newbies, so you can have a good time yourself and can greatly enrich the tour for others by sharing your experiences. Folks currently living in Nomad, Highline Crossing, Grey Rock, River Rock or Casa Verde Cohousing communities, might well wish to join us for the tour as well. Next time (perhaps in the fall), your community may well be on the tour route, and perhaps you'll want to be one of the community hosts when we come to visit you!

For more info on the April 16 tour and to register via our secure webpage please go to: www.cohousing.org/news/tours.html

I'm off to Maui tomorrow for a week. Let's see, I wonder if a week is long enough for me to plant the seeds for a cohousing community to get started there. I wouldn't put it past me, but my travel companion may well want me to spend a little time with him. After all, it's his birthday we're celebrating with this tour.

Joani

Joani Blank
510-834-7399
Cell: 510-387-1315