Filemaker Pro Developer Needed
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 07:13:38 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking for a filemaker pro developer who is interested in developing a software for communities to use for managing facilities, reserve funds and capital improvements (financial planning), and resident information.

I've been working on a database for several years that tracks resident information ( full contact info including some personal information like birthdays, medical emergency info, car info for parking) and workshare tasks and pending action items.

The resident info we use to print out the mail directory, contact info sheets, labels, lists, parking diagram, meal signups, etc.

The workshare part has allowed us to track tasks and people responsible and is designed to allow us to track maintenance cycles for facilities, warranty info, service providers, etc. all in one place.

Filemaker has a simple web interface that allows up to 5 connections at once so we can put the database on the community computer and make it available to everyone in the community, plus allow those trained in using it to enter data.

I've been developing the database for several years and have rebuilt it in FM 7. But the task of making it userfriendly for others to enter data (I've been doing all of it) and to distribute as freeware or shareware or a low cost utility for small communities is more than I can handle given my other interests. It needs scripts to work with buttons, a consistent "look", "help" info for users, etc.

I have more ideas than time and would like to find a developer who is more familiar with the programming aspects than I want to be, is interested in an entrepreneurial venture, has the time to work on this, and understand the needs of cohousing communities as well as small condos that do not self-identify as cohousing.

Thanks,

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines