Re: welcoming new members
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:17:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 14, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Eris Weaver wrote:

4. How do you handle people who are problematic (i.e.,
uncooperative, "crazy", substance abusers...)

Never happened. No, that's not entirely true; early one we had one
individual who showed up who was, er, sort of too-unconventional-for-us.
He ended up weeding himself out.

This is the A1 thing every new person and every new group is afraid of but as long as I've been reading this list no one has had a big problem with this. The process is so clear and so demanding that nonfunctional people or people who have their own agenda weed themselves out. As long as the group does not enable dependent or crazy-making behavior, it disappears.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC