Really inexpensive (ha!) cohousing??
From: Mary Ellen Wessels (mewmewsic.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:38:39 -0700 (PDT)
So, after our wonderful most recent group amicably decided
affordable land was just too hard to come by (alas) - my husband
and I started joking about "Double Wide Cohousing - the affordable
alternative!" and then I got thinking - is there any precedence for
sacrificing aesthetics somewhat but using really inexpensive
building techniques?  Mobile home cohousing?  I don't know... I'm
not really sure if pre-fab houses are cheaper (though my sense
from the little research I've done is that they can be really cheap in
the "fall apart" sense, modestly priced and decent, or actually of
pretty high quality and nice but expensive).

Just curious! :-)

Mary Ellen (aka "mew" - who is going to live in cohousing someday
darnit!) ;-)
MaryEllen Wessels / Hopeful Romantics
mew AT  mewsic DOT com
http://www.mewsic.com