Community hot tub?
From: Ben Ford (ben.fordsonoma.edu)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all --

We've recently had a painful experience of designing a great hot tub
enclosure and researching the hot tub we wanted for our community --
only to be told by the building department (contradicting their
earlier assurances) that our hot tub would be classified as a public
swimming pool and thus have to meet much more stringent (and
expensive -- like $15K extra) codes.

If your community has figured out creative ways to install a community
hot tub, I'd love to hear about it.  Call it private?  Negotiate with
the inspectors? Other ideas?

Thanks,

Ben
Frog Song (Cotati, CA)