Re: Community hot tub?
From: Kevin Wolf (kevinwolfandassociates.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
At N Street, the hot tub is owned by one family who then lets their friends use it. Their friends who use it make an annual contribution to cover heating and maintenance costs. It is not a "community" hot tub.
Kevin

Hi all --

We've recently had a painful experience of designing a great hot tub
enclosure and researching the hot tub we wanted for our community --
only to be told by the building department (contradicting their
earlier assurances) that our hot tub would be classified as a public
swimming pool and thus have to meet much more stringent (and
expensive -- like $15K extra) codes.

If your community has figured out creative ways to install a community
hot tub, I'd love to hear about it.  Call it private?  Negotiate with
the inspectors? Other ideas?

Thanks,

Ben
Frog Song (Cotati, CA)