Pens for Dogs
From: normangauss (
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
Are there any cohousing communities set up on the condominium model in which
areas behind people's condo units are fenced off for dogs?

We are thinking of setting up extended exclusive use common areas (EUCA's)
for individual dog owners who want to use a portlion of Association Common
Area land for their own private use.  As I understand it, if an area such as
this were added to a household's separate interest, new boundaries would
have to be surveyed and changes in the Master Plan would have to be made.
There would also have to be a redefinition of title and perhaps a cash
transfer to signify transfer of exclusive use privileges to the condo owner.

A more informal way to do this would be to have informal boundaries
demarcated by an easily removable fence, and have the condo owner lease the
extra space from the Association.

How do other cohousing communities set up pens for dogs?

Norm Gauss

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.