Re: Pens for Dogs
From: pattymara [at] juno.com (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:43:36 -0700 (PDT)
At Tierra Nueva, Central CA coast, we kept it simple.  Dog run was needed.  Dog
owners met, found a common area where a fence could be built, with shade and
other amenities.  Brought proposal to business meeting.  Offerred to pay for
all materials and upkeep.  Got consensus.  Built it.  Maintain it (poop
patrol).  Address any concerns that come up afterwards.  Dogs happy.  Community
happy.  All needs met.  No lawyers or lease papers required.

Patty Mara

www.gourleydesign.com
"If there is no peace, it is because we have forgotten we belong to one
another."  Mother Theresa

-- <normangauss [at] charter.net> wrote:
Are there any cohousing communities set up on the condominium model in which
areas behind people's condo units are fenced off for dogs?

We are thinking of setting up extended exclusive use common areas (EUCA's)
for individual dog owners who want to use a portlion of Association Common
Area land for theirown private use.  As I understand it, if an area such as
this were added to a household's separate interest, new boundaries would
have to be surveyed and changes in the Master Plan would have to be made.
There would also have to be a redefinition of title and perhaps a cash
transfer to signify transfer of exclusive use privileges to the condo owner.

A more informal way to do this would be to have informal boundaries
demarcated by an easily removable fence, and have the condo owner lease the
extra space from the Association.

How do other cohousing communities set up pens for dogs?

Norm Gauss