Cohousing pet policies
From: Rachael Shapiro (rachaelecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-After reading some of the recent posts on dog runs, I was curious about how other communities are doing in general about pets and policies. We, here at Ecovillage-Ithaca, continue to find this one of the most challenging discussions. I am looking for any policies that are currently in place and any insights on how to approach discussions on this topic in a fresh , innovative way. Any words of advice or inspiration are greatly welcomed. This topic seems to polarize us and we are having a hard time moving forward so the issue comes up from time to time and then gets tabled until it arises again. It has felt fairly unempowering as a community to be "stuck". We are particularly struggling with outdoor cats and their impact (perceived much more by some and not at all by others) on wildlife and the bird population. Also, of concern are dogs who are unleashed in the neighborhood. Thanks, Rachael