birthday acknowledgements- new tradition?
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:23:20 -0700 (PDT)
I was the blown-away recipient of an amazing gift from my cohousing
community, on my birthday yesterday. My neighbor had put out an email to
everyone asking for them to send to her "appreciations" of me, to be
collected, without names, and forwarded to me "from your RW friends".

I had actually gotten wind of the email, so I wasn't surprised to receive
the one marked "Open Sunday", but I'd expected it to be maybe a couple of
paragraphs, or a one-page list. Imagine my emotion as I unfurled FIVE
PAGES of tributes. I finally broke down in tears when I got to the one
from the five year old girl next door, presently in Alaska: ..."You are
my best, best,  best, best, best, best friend.  Also  you are my
favorite, favorite friend...  You talk nice, you baby-sit me, and you
read good books to me.   I maybe  will get you a treat when I get home.
..."

We spend so much time in cohousing doing the business, and the work,