Individual Private Yard for a Dog
From: james f. palmer (zooeymailbox.syr.edu)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 03:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
Isn't the purpose of the common area significantly degraded if it is increasingly fenced in by individuals. I am also thinking that my yard would be partially fenced if my neighbor fences their yard. That does not sound good to me.

If this is really necessary, what about renting the individual the space at a real (not token) fee? It might also be possible to stipulate that the fence be removed when the unit is sold, or the pet passes.

It seems to me that the real issue is that people should not have pets that they cannot (or are unwilling to) supervise, and that others should not be forced to encounter these pets in ways that are offensive to them. Does this sound unreasonable for a community?

Jim Palmer