Re: Peace, Justice, and Marketing (was EMERGENCY INTERNATIONAL VIGIL]
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,
I have a question for all of you out there in coho-land. Is the message below appropriate for cohousing-l? I and some others are supposed to be helping Fred monitor the list while he's away. Here's the reason I am asking:

Recently we have had a unit for sale at JP cohousing. I have been knocking myself out running ads in the Boston Globe, holding Open Houses, and doing the whole nine yards. None of the people who came through followed up.

This past week, a woman who came by to pick up her CSA veggie box (we are a drop-off site) saw the flyer and went over to see the available unit. She fell in love with it, loved the group, and came back the following night to join.

At a recent general meeting we had about 25 members present. I did a survey and found out the following things:
--16 considered themselves to be educators
--15 considered themselves to be activists
--13 considered themselves to be pacifists
--10 considered themselves to be health care people
--10 considered themselves to be working for marriage equality
--8 considered themselves to be environmentalists
--5 considered themselves to be artists/musicians

As you can see, peace and justice activities are right up there under education as the top cohousing-related priority in our group. Does that indicate that more peace-and-justice activities should be announced on this list? How many of you out there are involved in peace-and-justice activities? How do you feel about these news items going out on coho-L? And how does your group find its new members?

Thanks for your feedback,
--Diane(:^]
MARKETING FACILITATOR
JP COHOUSING  617-522-2209