Re: Re: Peace, Justice, and Marketing (was EMERGENCY INTERNATIONAL VIGIL]
From: John Beutler (jbeutleradelphia.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
No, it should go to whatever peace and justice listservers are around. Period. You could do surveys that show that 99% of coho-list people use toilet paper, but however useful it might be to them, they didn't sign up for the listserver to get toilet paper ads...in addition, what on earth am I supposed to do about a vigil in Portland when I live in Maryland ? A poor choice of venue in several ways.

I would agree that newspaper ads are not a very effective marketing tool for cohousing. Newspaper articles can be helpful, but I think person-to-person is best, through whatever social networks people are part of. Our community has roots <grin> in the local food coop, though that's not the only way people were initially contacted.

JAB