Re: Re: Peace, Justice, and Marketing (was EMERGENCY INTERNATIONAL VIGIL]
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

On 6/20/05 8:13 AM, "Dave and Diane" <daveanddee [at] verizon.net> wrote:

> Recently we have had a unit for sale at JP cohousing. I have been
> knocking myself out running ads in the Boston Globe, holding Open
> Houses, and doing the whole nine yards. None of the people who came
> through followed up.

This is a typical cohousing experience. Except that both renters and sellers
at Takoma Village have had good luck with Craig's list. The most recent
selling her unit for the asking price (market rate) in 5 hours.

> This past week, a woman who came by to pick up her CSA veggie box (we
> are a drop-off site) saw the flyer and went over to see the available
> unit. She fell in love with it, loved the group, and came back the
> following night to join.

This is the market so flyers work best. Put them up in food coops, Unitarian
Churches, chiropractors offices, at health food festivals, etc.

> As you can see, peace and justice activities are right up there under
> education as the top cohousing-related priority in our group. Does that
> indicate that more peace-and-justice activities should be announced on
> this list?

I like this list to focus on cohousing. There are other lists for other
interest areas and most of us are already receiving announcements we are
interested in.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines