Re: Re: Peace, Justice, and Marketing (was EMERGENCY INTERNATIONAL VIGIL]
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
Diane -- thank you for monitoring the list while Fred is on vacation. A much
needed one I think!

I also think it must be hard to figure out what to advance and what to
prevent from going to the list members because we're interested in so many
issues ancillary to cohousing.  So I want to thank you for posting this
email and asking.  Fred asked me to help out monitoring as well.  I'm really
glad YOU have taken action!  (Fred:  do you want to fire me?)

While I agree this particular message about a peace vigil is better posted
to a list set up for folks interested in that issue I wonder how new and
creative ideas will be germinated if we don't get some cross fertilization?

Having asked that I don't have a clue how to decide.  I can easily see how
this list would be inundated w/ every kind of announcement.

BUT, I remember waaaay back b/4 the Iraqi war there was a HUGE peace march
here in DC in the frozen dead of winter.  Folks posted messages to this list
about coming to participate in the march and I got the idea of having a
warming station here at TVC for those cohousers et., al to thaw out after
the march.  It was FRIGID that day and you will remember you and Dave and
several others came to TVC.  Because I have a disability and could not
participate directly in the march I was grateful to have this small way of
showing my support.

Anyway... a whole lot of words to express my inability to make decisions
along this line.   Fred is excellent at this. Aren't we fortunate to have
him monitor this list for us?

And thanks to you Diane for acting in Fred's absence.  Guess I'll have to
find another line of work...

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village
Washington,  DC