Re: Re: Peace, Justice
From: pattymara [at] juno.com (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
Dear List,
I would like to echo Tree's comments.  I would also be fascinated to read about
peace and justice issues in the context of cohousing/community life. And, I
agree that the posting was inappropriate as a mass mailing/geographically
specific event.

I'm curious how the activism of members in a community affect the other
not-so-activist members, if there is an open space created for tolerant
discussion and dialogue, and the ripple effects that each member's passion has
on their neighbors.  It seems a fertile ground for practicing civil discourse
and finding connections.  A tonic for the polarization that is present in our
political realm today.

coheartedly,
Patty Mara
Tierra Nueva Cohousing, central CA coast

"Activism is the rent I pay for living on this planet"  Alice Walker

www.gourleydesign.com
"If there is no peace, it is because we have forgotten we belong to one
another."  Mother Theresa