Affordable homes
From: sga1 (sga1humboldt.edu)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

As Joyce Plath and I work on our two cohousing projects up here in Humbold
County (six hours north of San Francisco), we are investigating all
manners of affordable housing designs. One of the best we have discovered
is described in detail in a recently published book: Grow Homes.

The floor plan was worked out at McGill University, it's won an award from
the UN, thousands have been built all over Canada, and it's about as
affordable as a small house (1000 square feet) can be while still
providing some comfort. Check it out at:

http://www.mqup.mcgill.ca/book.php?bookid=624

If nothing else, it's an excellent beginning for people thinking about how
to desing for affordability.

Yours in Community,
Sean Armstrong