Advice Requested on Co-Housing Condos
From: Philip & Rosalie (westwolff653yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:24:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Fellow Co-housers,

I am a member of Oak Creek Commons Co-housing, located in Paso Robles, CA.  We
are 31 condo and 5 single family units with 10+ acres of open space.

We would like to understand how other condo co-housing communities rectify the
legalities of managing the community with co-housing principles, i.e. HOA
boards, CC&Rs versus the community process.  For instance, do you change the
CC&Rs to reflect the community philosophy, values and decision-making process?
Also, what requirements do you have on people buying into the community as far
as following the co-housing agreements?  Are these agreements built into the
legal/sales documents?

Decisions about managing and enhancing our community are made by consensus/vote
of the whole community.  We have an HOA board which operates with the
community's agreement.

I would appreciate any advice/referrals you can give us on this topic.

Yours in community,

Rosalie Wolff
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, CA 93446