Community Meetings
From: Hyghroad (Hyghroadaol.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Jane:

I was interested to read your post about community meetings. I was also
interested because our communities are at similar phases at present. We just
broke
ground on our site work and plan to begin vertical construction in August.
Hopefully by December we will have 6 families living at the site and another
five
families who own lots.

We meet as a general membership once a month. We do most of our discussion
and decision making at the committee level. Major decisions as brought to the
general membership as a recommendation by the committee. I find that committee
participation is a great way to team build and create connections that will
carry forward until we are all living together.  Committees also allow members
with specific interests to participate in that aspect of the community. Members
can focus there energy input and still enjoy the experiene of working as a
part of a team.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to contact me to discuss issues that may
related to our "sprouting communities."

Kelly Devine
Common Pastures
Champlain Valley Cohousing