Re: Stamp out acronyms
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Tom Hammer wrote:

I think that we could charge a $5 fee for unexplained acronyms, payable to cohousing.org, for every one used (except for common ones like NASA, FBI). (I know of one organization that actually asks members to donate to an "acronym fund", sort of like the "cuss box" that some families use.) Or, maybe we need an Official Acronym Translator among our members. For example, the following snippet means very little to me (not to pick on this writer in particular):

"We would like to understand how other condo co-housing communities
rectify the legalities of managing the community with co-housing
principles, i.e. HOA boards, CC&Rs versus the community process."

While I do understand how overwhelming it can be, I think that if you are going to be involved in a multi-million dollar real estate development project, learning the language is a requirement.

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_

  • Stamp out acronyms Tom Hammer, July 1 2005
    • Re: Stamp out acronyms Matt Lawrence, July 1 2005