Groundbreaking
From: Hyghroad (Hyghroadaol.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:32:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Co-housers and those interested:

Good News from Vermont's Champlain Valley. A new co-housing community has
broken ground.

On Monday, June, 27th, partners in Champlain Valley Co-housing (soon to be
known as Common Pastures) held there official Groundbreaking.

Common Pastures is located in Charlotte, VT (12 miles south of Burlington) on
a 125 acres of trees, pastures, ponds, and meadows. Common Pastures members
plan to build 26 homes on a 10 acre site. The housing will consist of 14
attached units, comprised of two Quadplexes and two Triplexes, and 12 lots for
Single Family homes centered on a village green. Two homes are set aside as
affordable housing. There will be a 5000 square foot Common House and a ring
road
around residences for parking. Plans include space for organic gardening and
small-scale farming operations.

Common Pastures currently has 11 partner and 6 exploring member families.
Units range in size from 2bdr, 800+ square feet to nearly 1400 sq.ft. and 3
brd.
They were designed by acclaimed local architect William McClay. Single Family
Lot owners have the opportunity to design their own home or build one of three
from a McClay design. All homes will be energy efficient, exceeding current
Vermont Efficiency codes.

For more information about Common Pastures, including our members, our
mission, and our site plan visit our website
http://www.champlainvalleycohousing.org
or contact Debbie Ramsdell at 802-425-2027.

Kelly Devine
Common Pastures
Champlain Valley Cohousing
http://www.champlainvalleycohousing.org