Use acronyms reasonably (was: Stamp out...
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:42:17 -0700 (PDT)
Matt wrote regarding acronyms:

>While I do understand how overwhelming it can be, I think that if you are
>going to be involved in a multi-million dollar real estate development
>project, learning the language is a requirement.

IMHO (In my humble opinion), the key words in the original post were
"unexplained acronyms". Good form calls for explaining an acronym other
than the most common the first time it is used in a public document
which will be read by non-experts.
This greatly helps "learning the language".

Fred

--
NOTE THAT A COUPLE OFF-TOPIC LINES ARE OK HERE...
http://l.cohousing.org/c-l-faq.htm will eventually have details...

Communications for Justice - My new listserv org.       UU, Linux
My Link Page: http://fholson.cohousing.org       Ham radio:WB0YQM
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532   (7am-10pm Central time)