Re: Groundbreaking
From: James Kacki (jimkackimb.sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

Kelly Devine
Common Pastures
aka Champlain Valley Cohousing
Charlotte, Vermont

wrote:

We do have two affordable units. One is being built this summer and is already taken. The Units will be the same construction and amenities as all other attached units in our community. They are 2bdrm attached units in a quadplex, so they are among the smaller units in the community. Their affordability is regulated by the state. A local housing organization may offer the qualified buyer help with a downpayment. Any buyer must be registered and approved through the state organization that qualifies buyers for affordable housing statewide. As with all affordable housing, Common Pastures is selling these units at below cost to make they qualify as affordable. The excess cost is born by the remaining members of the community.

James replies:
Well done!!
Your hearts are definitely in the right place -Congratulations!
James