Local Currency
From: Hyghroad (Hyghroadaol.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 06:32:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Fellow Co-Housers and Supporters:

Here at Common Pastures (Champlain Valley CoHousing) in Charlotte, VT we are
busy building the road into our community and laying our infrastructure. It is
a very exciting time for us and future residents are beginning to think about
what our community might look like and how it might operate. The first
residents should be in their homes by the end of this year.

One question we are considering is how we might incorporate local currency
into our community. Burlington, VT has a local currency called Burlington
Bread.
So two questions for other communities or those with experience.

1) Have you had any experience incorporating a local currency into your
community and how?

2) In place of a local currency, has your co-housing community created and
used its own currency and if so, how did you use it.

Kelly Devine
Common Pastures
aka Champlain Valley Cohousing
Charlotte, Vermont