Re: Help Needed with "Living There" - Document
From: emccourt (emccourtcharter.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
I cannot provide any advice on what you should actually have in your provisions
and covenants, but I can say from experience at Oak Creek Commons in Paso
Robles that it is NOT a good idea to let the agreements get filed with standard
language with the intention to flesh things out with your operating agreements
after moving in.

At OCC, pushing through the standard California CC&Rs and not taking the time
up front to hammer out our expectations and disagreement, due to the well
intentioned but misguided view that this would all fall easily into place after
moving in, and a sense of urgency about the constuction, has led to a a highly
charged political environment. We are now working through every one of the
seven Ps that we were told about.  Currently Privacy, Parenting (or progeny),
and Parking are the hot topics.  We have not really tackled Participation. We
have a legacy Process, which is under review, and I think we have an uneasy
rapproachment on pets.  (I can't remember the last P).

Looking back, I think we spent much too much time on construction, adding to
the costs, and much too little time on infrastructure, adding to the
aggravation.

Eileen McCourt
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, CA