More green needed to be even greener
From: braford (brafordsbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:41:29 -0700 (PDT)
A few months ago, when the opportunity came up to expand our Metro Cohousing
project by buying the wooded lot next door, we put the word out on this
listserv that we needed to come up with a chunk of money in the following
week, and cohousers from all over the country answered our call with
short-term loans.  Whoopee!!!  Thanks to all of you who took the opportunity
to do well while doing good.  Since then, these loans leveraged grant and
loan commitments from the Green Communities Initiative of the Enterprise
Foundation.  They are very excited about our project.

We now have a whole new opportunity.  We are planning to use a new building
system at Metro Cohousing that contains a high level of recycled materials
and has the potential to revolutionize how we build cohousing.   (You can
learn about Structural Concrete Insulated Panels Systems (SCIPS) at
www.greensandwichtech.com.)  We have received two grants from the State of
Missouri to start building with this system.  The challenge is that the
State requires us to spend the money before we receive the grants as
reimbursement.

As a result, we need to raise $100,000 by close of business on Wednesday,
August 10th, so we can use the grants before they expire and have this
promising new green product in our cohousing project.

Please call us if you can spare some green that will help us make this
community even greener.

Tom Braford
Metro Cohousing at Culver Way
St. Louis, MO