RE: group college savings plans
From: Michael Jupin (mike_jupinexcite.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
 Our church has been pondering a similar issue. What we are exploring is
setting up a directed scholarship program at the Community Foundation of
Louisville. Contributions would be tax deductible and the donor group can set
up criteria for recipients. If that sounds like something that might work for
you, check to see if there is a community foundation in your town.Michael
JupinSouth Louisville Community Ministries4803 Southside DriveLouisville, KY
40214(502)361-7763 Fax (502) 3614668SLCM [at] slcm.org--- On Mon 07/25, <
From: [mailto: fassnach [at] ssc.wisc.edu]To: cohousing-l@cohousing.orgDate:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:26:54 -0500 (CDT)Subject: [C-L]_ group college savings
plansWe at Village Cohousing are considering how we might set up a fund towhich
any community member could contribute for the future collegeeducations of our
children. Ideally contributions to such a fund would betax deductible, and the
disbursements could be to any college-agecommunity child who needed financial
assistance. Although there areplenty of plans set up for relatives to
contribute for the benefit ofchildren or grandchildren, there seems to be
nothing to accomodate groupcontributions for children in a community.Does
anyone out there have any experience with this sort of thing?Thanks,Stephanie
 mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
http://www.cohousing.org/cohousing-L/

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com