Re: Request for Pix
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
Terri (and others),

As you can see from the description below (under "What is Cohousing", we
already have a slide show of MANY cohousing communities.  It only cost $5
for shipping and handling.

Best, Laura

Cohousing Slide Shows by Kraus-Fitch Architects

The following slide shows are available on CD form for power point
presentations:

What is Cohousing - $5
This slide show gives prospective members and town officials an idea of what
cohousing is all about.  It includes lots of pictures of folks living,
playing, and working in both rural and urban cohousing communities.
Cohousing Site Design - $25
This slide show illustrates with many photographs the important site design
issues such as distance between units, parking strategies, accessibility and
pedestrian walkways.   It addresses the seasonal and regional issues of snow
removal, summer shade, and winter sun and even looks at the seemingly
mundane issues that you will regret overlooking without proper programming.
It concludes with a tour of many North American Cohousing Communities -
urban and rural.
Cohousing Common House Design $25
How do you create a Common House to meet all the needs of your community -
and to be the "living room" of the community?  Kitchens, Great Rooms, Kids
Room, Laundry and much, much more are explored and illustrated with
photographs from many communities.
Cohousing Unit Design - $25
This slide show looks at all types of cohousing housing options - single
family to apartment flats - the spaces within them, the relationships
between them, and the materials that go into their construction.
Customization is discussed in realistic terms.
Cohousing & Sustainable Design $25
Cohousing presents a unique opportunity to build and live in more
sustainable ways.  This slide show looks at the big picture items, and the
details without losing sight of cost effectiveness.

Set of 5 - $80

The following slide show is currently under development:
Getting the Work Done (living in community)
This slide show will look at some of the work programs (common meal
preparation, buildings and grounds maintenance, etc.) that are up and
running with efficiency at Pioneer Valley Cohousing.  It will also look at
systems tried.

These slide shows can be ordered by sending a check to:

Kraus-Fitch Architects
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.
Amherst, MA  01002

For more information about our slide shows and/or cohousing design services,
please call us at 413-549-5799 or email lfitch [at] krausfitch.com.

Laura E. Fitch, AIA, LEED
Principal Architect

Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc.
110 Pulpit Hill Road