Re: Multiple chemical sensitivity
From: Becky Weaver (beckyweaverswbell.net)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:16:58 -0700 (PDT)
There was a little bit of feedback about fragrances & multiple chemical
sensitivity a few weeks ago. Our group, too (in site feasibility) has been
discussing the pros & cons of being a fragrance-free community. For the folks
in Oak Creek Commons - when did you designate yourselves fragrance-free? How
did that impact your marketing attempts?

What level of sensitivity do your community members have (mild - moderate -
severe)?

Have other groups out there dealt with this issue? I feel stressed about the
options we appear to have - either refuse to accommodate an individual's health
needs, or alienate potential buyers by making rules about personal hygiene.

I'm personally having trouble with the notion of becoming a fragrance-free
person for the foreseeable future. Is this unusual? Do most cohousing-friendly
people take a fragrance-free policy in stride? I'm trying to develop a sense of
perspective.

Thanks!

Becky Weaver
Central Austin Cohousing